Accounting Job in Kalona, Iowa
- Oversee the financial closings of the general ledger including reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare external financial statements and work with the external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient year-end audit.
- Prepare monthly financial work papers.
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows.
- Assist in budgeting capital expenditures and preparing new venture business analytics.
- Maintain the general ledger and a system of controls that ensures all related reports are produced timely, accurately and in accordance with corporate policies and management directives.
- Coordinate the preparation and accumulation of financial information for the external audit and maintain a system of controls over the distribution, retention and retrieval of financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or other applicable field.
- 2-5 years corporate accounting experience preferred; preferably in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated financial reporting expertise.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, and Google Docs.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 6 months
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
- We Treat People Right
- We Think Like Entrepreneurs
- We Offer a Great Place to Work
- We Build Strong Relationships
- We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
We support our team members!
Awesome Refrigerated Transit of Iowa (ARTI) and Awesome Logistics (AL) are part of Open Gates Group family of companies. We work hard to help our team members live happier, healthier lives.
Erika Smith, ARTI & AL