Farm Relationships Manager Job
Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies that support the growth and manufacturing of local, organic dairy products. Kalona Farms is one of our companies that focuses on building successful relationships with dairy producers in order to meet the business objectives to source, buy, sell and transport organic milk nationwide. We’re looking for a Producer Relations Manager to join our Eastern Region Small Farms team.
The Small Farms Producer Relations Manager works collaboratively with regional organic dairy farmers to ensure that the milk supply meets regulatory and quality standards. This position will serve as a point of contact for small farms and act as a liaison with other involved parties to ensure clear communication and quick resolution of any concerns. The Small Farms Producer Relations Manager will assist the Supply Chain Director with identifying and contracting new farms as needed. This position will be based in Eastern OH, Western PA, or Western NY and will support the small farms in that region.
What you will do:
- Initiate and maintain food certification programs such as non-GMO testing, FARM certification, etc.
- Audit farms on a regular basis and provide recommendations for regulatory and quality requirements.
- Develop and implement efficiency projects while helping to expand the network of farmers for Kalona Farms.
- Maintain a comprehensive network of providers inside and outside the region that can be called upon to work with farmers based on needs of participating farms.
- Follow-up on quality audit recommendations and ensure all regulatory certifications are in place.
- Collect best practices and communicate them in the network of farmers.
- Engage with field staff to ensure farm quality is maintained.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in science field or 5+ years related work experience.
- Direct experience working on or operating a dairy farm is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Grade A milk and dairy production systems.
- Subject matter expert in key area(s) of dairy technical assistance (ex. animal health, nutrition, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to network and earn credibility among peers.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel and visit farms.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and/or rotational weekends as needed.
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision & operating principles.
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal professional development.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 6 months
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
- We Treat People Right
- We Think Like Entrepreneurs
- We Offer a Great Place to Work
- We Build Strong Relationships
- We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Interested?Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!
We support our team members!
The Small Farms Program is part of Open Gates Group family of companies. We work hard to help our team members live happier, healthier lives.