This is a wonderful place to work.
Open Gates is a place where you are given the opportunity to grow, learn new things, and work with great people.
Elle Martin, Purchasing
Purchasing Specialist Position - Now Hiring!
External Purchasing Specialist Job Description
Join our fast-growing, entrepreneurial family of companies!
Open Gates Group is a family of entrepreneurial companies committed to creating high-quality dairy products and taking them to market, all while supporting small, family farms! Our dairy products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking an External Purchasing Specialist.
What you will do:
● Buy and manage inventory for assigned vendors.
● Maintain and manage information regarding assigned vendors in Google Drive and Quickbooks.
● Implement corporate buying strategies to achieve key indicator goals.
● Resolves quality problems and PO discrepancies.
● Negotiate credit and ensure timely receipt of credits from vendors.
● Analyze and control product waste and spoilage.
● Monitor pricing; which involves working with Supply Chain Manager to keep costs and prices at appropriate levels.
● Maintain communication with internal teams to be aware of upcoming production needs and changes in demand.
● Source new products as the need arises or upon request.
● Ensure that all products meet quality specifications.
● Secure best in-bound freight option.
● Participate in the physical inventory process.
● Participate in managing the on-hand inventory system to ensure accuracy.
● Act as a resource for all departments.
● Provides excellent customer service to internal and external partners.
What you will need:
● 1+ years experience administrative support, preferably in an accounting or purchasing/supply chain management environment.
● Experience and proficiency with Quickbooks and Google Suite.
● Strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
● Strong math skills.
● Customer service oriented with the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
● Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
● Solid decision-making and problem solving skills.
● Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
● Team oriented with a focus on working in a collaborative environment.
● High level of integrity and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.
● Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
● Matching 401k after 1-year
● Benefit Bonus/Stipend
● Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
● Opportunity for advancement!
● Discounted employee purchases!
● Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right
We Think Like Entrepreneurs
We Offer a Great Place to Work
We Build Strong Relationships
We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Send your resume to email@example.com!
If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!