Do you love doing all kinds of things with computers and working with people?
Our IT department gets to do a lot of different kinds of things - and in a really great company with fun people. It's also a great place to learn new systems!
Nate Nisly, IT
IT Specialist Position - Now Hiring!
Open Gates Group is a family of entrepreneurial companies all committed to creating high-quality dairy products and taking them to market, all while supporting small, family farms! We are a group of entrepreneurial people who care about service and making our world a better place. We’re looking for an IT Specialist to join our team!
Our IT Specialist is responsible for helping end-users on a day-to-day basis with common Windows environment issues and questions. Primary responsibilities include providing outstanding service to end users, on-going training, and supporting the organization’s IT related projects as needed.
What you will do:
● Assist end-users across OS and software platforms maintaining excellent customer service.
● Resolve problems in the areas of hardware/software installation, repair, upgrade and maintenance.
● Install/configure, operate, and maintain system hardware and software.
● Assist with large-scale installation and maintenance of IT workstations, networking, phones, cameras, and security systems.
● Maintain various computerized technical systems such as security doors, cameras, phones, and servers.
● Train employees on the technical resources needed for their positions.
● Maintain records of assets and work performed.
● Evaluate and recommend new technologies that will improve the team's ability to meet the needs of the company.
● Review and approve operational quality of system equipment.
● Write comprehensive documentation including design documents, policies and procedures.
● Active Directory Domain Management, script writing, and Google Apps administration
● Perform other IT-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
● Vocational/Technical degree preferred plus at least two years related IT support experience.
● Knowledge of networking, PC computer software and hardware installation, Microsoft office and Google Suite.
● Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
● Able to prioritize and follow through with tasks in a timely manner.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Able to diagnose and troubleshoot components such as hardware, software, networking, and applications in a Windows driven environment.
● Knowledge of operating systems internals, system utilities and communication protocols including TCP/IP networking.
● Working knowledge of security and web servers.
● Script writing experience is a plus.
● Able to physically lift and install computer equipment such as monitors, printers, and scanners. ● Able to safely climb ladders and navigate attics as needed.
● Team-oriented with a focus on working in a collaborative environment.● Willingness to adhere to the Open Gates Guiding Principles and continually embrace personal and professional development
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
● Matching 401k after 1-year
● Benefit Bonus/Stipend
● Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
● Opportunity for advancement!
● Discounted employee purchases!
● Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right
We Think Like Entrepreneurs
We Offer a Great Place to Work
We Build Strong Relationships
We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!