Break into the Logistics field...
You want a new job, where you can learn a lot, but at most big companies you'd just be a cog in the wheel. We are a small company that loves to hire people who are ambitious and want to grow. If you are new to trucking, this Logistics Administration job can get you started in the field. If you are experienced, it'll be a piece of cake. Interested? Let's just have a quick chat. (No paperwork hastle required.)
Logistics Administration Job in Iowa
Our Freight Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing and developing customer and carrier relationships by supporting new and existing clients, coordinating deliveries and negotiating rates with carriers. This position coordinates the movement of goods and serves as the primary point of contact for any issue that may occur with the load. The Freight Logistics Coordinator oversees truckload coverage, account management, troubleshooting, and all dispatch functions. This position requires being available by phone some evenings and/or weekends on a rotating shift.
- Schedule loads while ensuring compliance of Federal, State and location regulations.
- Dispatch drivers based on customer needs and HOS limitations.
- Build relationships with carriers by soliciting capacity of truck and freight, meeting cost/revenue expectations for each customer.
- Create loads, set appointments for broker freight, track and trace loads and troubleshoot problems that may occur.
- Solicit new and existing customers for freight.
- Use Load Boards to find backhauls.
- Source carriers, negotiate rates and sell freight to carriers.
- Track shipments and provide updates to the customers daily.
- Generate business leads.
- Participate in scheduling trucks each week.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma; Degree in Transportation Management, Logistics, Business or related field preferred.
- 2+ years experience in brokerage and transportation.
- Dispatch experience highly desired.
- Solid understanding of all federal, state, local laws and DOT regulations pertaining to drivers and the movement of goods.
- Strong telephone, written/verbal communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service skills and able to problem solve, follow up, and see projects through.
- Able to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers and management).
- Strong time management skills and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- PC based computer skills with proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- Highly motivated and positive attitude.Passion and alignment with our mission, vision & operating principles.
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal professional development.
- Must be available by phone some evenings and/or weekends on rotating shifts.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 6 months
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
- We Treat People Right
- We Think Like Entrepreneurs
- We Offer a Great Place to Work
- We Build Strong Relationships
- We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Interested? Let's chat.
No paperwork necessary.
"Open Gates is an amazing place to work. My Manager listens to and supports me. When life gets hard they have my back."
David Johnson ARTI is a great place to work. I so wish I had stayed there. Working with great people is like finding gold.
Like • Reply • 10h