Our Fleet Maintenance, Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for the oversight, tracking, budgeting, and maintenance of all Open Gates Group vehicles and for leading company-wide safety initiatives. The Fleet Manager is responsible for creating and implementing a fleet maintenance schedule that keeps vehicles operating at peak performance and in compliance with all 3rd party regulatory standards.
What you will do:
- Maintains vehicle service and inspection records that comply with manufacturer's servicing schedules or leasing companies' maintenance requirements.
- Establishes maintenance scheduling programs and implements accurate service, repair, and replacement information for all vehicles and equipment.
- Purchases, registers and licenses company vehicles and equipment while ensuring all licenses are up to date.
- Maintains knowledge of state authority and tax requirements.
- Manages registration requirements above and beyond International registration plan (IRP) registration.
- Analyzes supplier/vendor costs and negotiates strict servicing time limits and priority repair schedules.
- This includes getting quotes from local vendors, prioritizing completed work, locking in contracted rates, and setting parameters for maintenance (oil change intervals, tire replacement, etc).
- Prepares quotes for damaged equipment and added accessories by utilizing multiple resources to ensure repairs are cost effective.
- Tracks, analyzes, and makes recommendations for total cost of ownership on OG vehicles such as: Lease vs. PurchaseMaintenance of older equipment vs. cost of new
- Develops procedures to improve fleet operations focusing on enhancing productivity while reducing expenses and improving efficiencies.
- Maintains records that comply with state laws and requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation, U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and International Fuel Tax Agreement.
- Maintains fleet accident reports such as insurance claims, citation issues, post-accident drug testing, and vehicle damage.
- Manages CSA reporting and develops strategies to correct driver issues and prevent recurrences.
- Directs and implements DOT / FMCSA compliance procedures.
- HOS / Samsara violations, unassigned hours.
- IFTA reporting / fuel taxEnsures FSMA compliance and records are kept up to date.
- Manages preventive maintenance of equipment such as oil changes, greasing certifications, and reefer unit service.
- Arranges for cleaning and stocking of all trucks between driver assignments.
- Develops and administers the annual budgets for vehicle maintenance & upgrades.
- Investigates occupational incidents, accidents and injuries to determine the cause, possible violations of applicable standards.
- Trains new employees on all safety programs and safety work rules.
- Performs new hire driving tests focusing on driver and vehicle safety.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- High School diploma; Associate degree in fleet management, logistics, or related field preferred.
- 4+ years related experience in logistics and/or fleet management.
- Must have CDL Class A license and solid understanding of all federal, state, local laws and DOT regulations.
- Experience in creating fleet policies, departmental budgets, and ability to conduct vehicle lease versus buy analysis.
- Familiar with the used-vehicle market, including wholesale, auction, and employee markets.
- Solid understanding of licensing and permitting requirements that pertain to fleet vehicles.
- Well versed in vehicle system operations and troubleshooting.
- Strong negotiation and verbal communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry projects to completion.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision & operating principles.
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 1-year
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right
We Think Like Entrepreneurs
We Offer a Great Place to Work
We Build Strong Relationships
We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Send your resume to email@example.com! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!