Do you love talking to people and being on the road?
Are passionate about organic dairy and the small family farms that produce it? Do you like to see the country and enjoy learning via podcasts while on the road? This sales position might be a great fit for you. The job description is below. Let's talk!
Joe Miller, Brand & Sales Manager
External Sales Position - FILLED!
Join our fast-growing, entrepreneurial family of companies!
Open Gates Group is a family of entrepreneurial companies committed to creating high-quality dairy products and taking them to market, all while supporting small, family farms! Our dairy products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking a Sales Representative to join Kalona Organics, a member of the Open Gates Group family of companies.
We are currently seeking an External Sales Representative to join our team!
The Kalona Organics Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining customer relationships and growing sales in assigned geographical areas. This position will interface with customers via the phone, email, and on a face to face basis. Up to 50% travel is expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Execute sales plans to meet budgeted goals related to sales, promotions, and expenses.
● Participate in customer calls and market visits to monitor new product introductions, conduct business reviews, and identify opportunities that can move the business forward.
● Deliver sales presentations, showcase new items to customers, and secure new placements.
● Manage existing accounts, as assigned, and seek new accounts.
● Maintain a thorough understanding of current and new Kalona Organics products.
● Follow through on customer requests including submitting store turnover orders.
● Follow through on customer commitments to include meeting deadlines for promotion submissions, new product reviews and other customer requests.
● Submit promotional/new item paperwork to buyers or on portals; review and manage confirmations; and monitor retailer category review calendars
● Arrive promptly at customer locations, ensure neat and orderly appearance of Kalona Organics products and assist in hanging shelf tags, utilizing promotional POS/POP materials and resets.
● Create strong partnerships with customers, brokers, and distributors.
● Attend sales trade shows, meetings, and training.
● Inform management of area activities and significant customer concerns.
● Collaborate closely with Kalona Organics Marketing and Operations teams to ensure partner needs are being fulfilled and expectations exceeded.
● Travel as required.
● 1-5 years relevant experience with direct sales and account management (e.g., dairy, speciality food, natural and organic) preferred.
● Excellent interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Demonstrated follow-through skills and the ability to manage multiple projects. ● Ability to solve problems in a resourceful and data-driven manner while working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
● Must have a valid drivers license, clean driving record, and ability to travel to customer businesses.
● Highly motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively, potentially remotely, with little or no supervision
● Ability to get in and out of a car multiple times per day.
● Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and set up display and move products.
● Team-oriented with a focus on working in a collaborative environment.
● Willingness to adhere to the Open Gates Guiding Principles and continually embrace personal and professional development.
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
● Matching 401k after 1-year
● Benefit Bonus/Stipend
● Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
● Opportunity for advancement!
● Discounted employee purchases!
● Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right
We Think Like Entrepreneurs
We Offer a Great Place to Work
We Build Strong Relationships
We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Send your resume to email@example.com!
If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!