Do you love talking to people and the peacefulness of the road?
Being a delivery driver for Kalona Direct is a great job. I love driving through Iowa's small towns, and whenever I make a stop I get to chat with a lot of friendly people!
Courtney Brock, Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver Job - Now Hiring!
Join our fast-growing, entrepreneurial family of companies!
Open Gates Group is a family of entrepreneurial companies committed to creating high-quality dairy products and taking them to market, all while supporting small, family farms! Our dairy products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking a Delivery Driver to join Kalona Direct, a member of the Open Gates Group family of companies.
The Kalona Direct Delivery Driver is responsible for selling and delivering orders to specified customers within the state of Iowa. This individual will ensure that deliveries are made on time with personable and dependable service.
Delivery Driver Duties & Responsibilities
● Sell and deliver Kalona Direct products on an assigned geographical route.
● Ensure that orders are delivered accurately and according to scheduled time.
● Build business relationships to increase sales.
● Generate new orders and respond to questions from customers.
● Promote new products and provide samples upon request.
● Handle delivery paperwork, ensuring that purchase orders are signed and returned to the home office.
● Handle product pick-ups; count and store inventory accurately and timely; and turn in all completed paperwork promptly.
● Adhere to DOT State and Federal regulations.
● Perform pre/post trip inspections, ensuring the cleanliness of the vehicle and adding fuel, oil and fluids as necessary
● Work collaboratively with the warehouse team as needed to load orders and ensure product quality.
● Maintain a neat and clean appearance while wearing company recommended apparel.
● Additional duties as assigned.
Delivery Driver Job Requirements
● High school diploma or equivalent. Previous food delivery experience preferred.
● Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Class B CDL license preferred.
● Ability to read and understand maps, road signs, delivery papers, and labeling identifications.
● Strong customer service skills with a passion for helping others.
● Demonstrated ability to drive and follow through with new business opportunities.
● Able to follow instructions and respond to internal and external customer needs.
● Able to frequently lift and lower cases up to 50lbs to and from the delivery vehicle and possibly up and down stairs. Bending, squatting and twisting of the body will occur.
● Able to maintain a sense of urgency during delivery hours and adapt to changing environments.
● Passion and alignment with our mission, vision & operating principles.● Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
● Matching 401k after 1-year
● Benefit Bonus/Stipend
● Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
● Opportunity for advancement!
● Discounted employee purchases!
● Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right
We Think Like Entrepreneurs
We Offer a Great Place to Work
We Build Strong Relationships
We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!