Customer Service Job
Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that supports the growth and manufacturing of local, organic dairy products. Our companies help source, produce, sell & transport Midwestern products nationwide.
The Customer Service Specialist provides front-line customer service and support to the Open Gates entities. This person is responsible for accurate and timely processing of orders; for ensuring that all individuals who phone or visit our facility receive prompt and courteous assistance; and for providing support service to the Administrative, Sales & Marketing teams.
What you will do:
- Manage and complete the order entry process for Kalona Organics, Kalona Direct, and Kalona Creamery, including communicating and resolving problems with production, warehouse, and customers as needed.
- Coordinate the process for customer holiday order scheduling across all departments.
- Provide first level customer support in response to incoming phone, email, and in-person visitor inquiries.
- Respond to and resolve quality complaints from consumers, retailers and distributors.
- Compiles quality complaint data, creates quality data reports, and shares with manufacturers and sales team as directed.
- Troubleshoot and respond to customer and team member requests in a professional, efficient, and effective manner.
- Run, verify, and share weekly reports as assigned.
- Manage the onsite training room in a proactive manner, ie. stocking supplies, coordinating presenter needs, completing room setup, and providing oversight of the training room.
- Maintain the employee purchase cooler by keeping it clean and well-stocked.
- Provide support to the Administrative, Sales & Marketing teams as needed, including the creation and maintenance of documents in Google Sheets and Slides.
- Assist with maintaining office supplies as needed.
- Fulfill sample requests as directed. Maintain a thorough understanding of Open Gates businesses, products, and services.
- Provide assistance with projects as assigned.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year previous experience working in customer service or a business environment.
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Google Drive preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills with professional telephone and email etiquette.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to the Open Gates Guiding Principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (listening, questioning, conflict resolution).
- Able to solve problems and work independently with minimal direction.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, and work under deadlines.
- Team-oriented with a focus on working in a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 6 months
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
- We Treat People Right
- We Think Like Entrepreneurs
- We Offer a Great Place to Work
- We Build Strong Relationships
- We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Interested?Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!
We support our team members!
We work hard to help our team members live happier, healthier lives.