Butter Production Positions Available
Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that support the growth of local, organic dairy products. Our products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest family farms surrounding our creamery.
Our Butter Production Team Members are responsible for setting up and operating processing equipment for organic butter production at Farmers Creamery in Wellman, IA. Typical shift hours begin at 6:00am and will last until production is complete for the day.
What you will do:
● Operate butter production equipment.
● Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of equipment.
● Stamp, fill and package finished product.
● Meet established processing rates.
● Rotate through different job tasks.
● Perform various sanitation and clean up duties.
● Maintain quality standards per specifications defined by State and/or Federal regulatory agencies.
● Support other team members in various butter production related tasks.
● Complete paperwork for inventory and production logs.
● Assist other areas in the production plant and OG organization as needed.
● Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
● Additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
● High School diploma or GED equivalent.
● Must be able to work the scheduled shift, including daily overtime or overtime outside of your regular scheduled hours as required (more than 40 hours per week).
● Versatile and able to be cross-trained in various production roles.
● Able to read and record instrument data in English with attention to detail.
● Verbal and written communication skills, specifically legible handwriting.
● Able to lift, move, and push 55 lbs on a regular basis.
● Able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces.
● Adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, hair/beard net and gloves when required.
● Able to work with allergens that might be present in a food manufacturing environment.
● Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment.
● Team oriented with a focus of working in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
● Good attitude with a high level of integrity and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 1-year
- Benefit Bonus
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right
We Think Like Entrepreneurs
We Offer a Great Place to Work
We Build Strong Relationships
We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Send your resume to email@example.com! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!