We keep busy and have a lot of fun together.
There's always something to do...testing the milk, moving it from one place to another, driving trucks between facilities. Everything happens pretty fast so we are never bored.
Paul Bender, Bulk Milk Receiving Operator
What is Working at Kalona Farms Really Like?
Take a look at this behind the scenes video. Or, just scroll down to the job description.
Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that support the growth of local, organic dairy products. Our products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest family farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently hiring a Bulk Milk Receiving Operator to join our team!
The Bulk Milk Receiving Operator is responsible for unloading trucks of raw milk, separating, and transferring it into tanks/trucks by completing manual hose hookups from the truck to the tank. Reporting to the Kalona Farms Production Supervisor, this position supports day-to-day operations at Kalona Farms and may also be required to transport freight on a regional basis. Standard hours for this position are 2pm-10pm, Monday-Friday. Some rotational weekend and holiday work may be required.
What you will do:
● Unload trucks of raw milk and transfer it into holding tanks.
● Perform documented Quality Tests on the raw milk in accordance to regulatory guidelines prior to unloading.
● Track milk loads and records results.
● Assist in transferring milk to Open Gates facilities.
● Consistently maintains a clean work area.
● May also assist Frytown Warehouse/Distribution when needed.
● Flexible hours including evenings and weekends are required. Home nightly!
What you will need:
● High School diploma or GED equivalent.
● Clean driving record and the ability to obtain a CDL-A driver's license and tanker endorsement preferred.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, specifically legible handwriting. ● Ability to read and record instrument data with strong attention to detail.
● Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision
● Ability to climb ladder, occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and routinely reach and bend below the knee.
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment. x ● Matching 401k after 1-year
● Benefit Bonus/Stipend
● Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
● Opportunity for advancement!
● Discounted employee purchases!
● Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business! We Treat People Right We Think Like Entrepreneurs We Offer a Great Place to Work We Build Strong Relationships We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Check out our Facebook page #OpenGatesCulture and send resume to
email@example.com. If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!