Administrative Support Specialist Position Near Kalona, Iowa
Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that supports the growth and manufacturing of local, organic dairy products. Our companies help source, produce, sell & transport Midwestern products nationwide.
Administrative Support Specialist
The Administrative Support Specialist provides front-line customer service and administrative support to Open Gates entities. This person is responsible for accurate and timely processing of orders; for ensuring that individuals who phone or visit our facility receive prompt and courteous assistance; and for providing a wide range of administrative support service to the Administrative teams.
What you will do:
- Manage and complete the order entry process for Kalona Organics, Kalona Direct, and Kalona Creamery, including communicating and resolving problems with production, warehouse, and customers as needed.
- Coordinate the process for customer holiday order scheduling across all departments.
- Provide first level customer support in response to incoming phone, email, and in-person visitor inquiries.
- Troubleshoot and respond to customer and team member requests in a professional, efficient, and effective manner.
- Run, verify, and share weekly reports as assigned.
- Manage the onsite training room in a proactive manner, ie. stocking supplies, coordinating presenter needs, completing room setup, and providing oversight of the training room.
- Maintain the employee purchase cooler by keeping it clean and well-stocked and assist with maintaining office supplies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Open Gates businesses, products, and services.
- Provide a variety of additional administrative duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0-3 years experience in an administrative support role.
- Efficient & accurate data entry skills.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks & Google Drive preferred.
- Flexible, level-headed, and able to work well under pressure.
- Energetic team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and skilled at using the Google application suite.
- Proactive, self-motivated with initiative to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Highly service-oriented with the ability to quickly seek and fulfill the needs of others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (listening, questioning, conflict resolution) and a serious multi-tasker.
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 6 months
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
- We Treat People Right
- We Think Like Entrepreneurs
- We Offer a Great Place to Work
- We Build Strong Relationships
- We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Interested?Send your resume to email@example.com! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!
We support our team members!
Open Gates Group is a family of companies. We work hard to help our team members live happier, healthier lives.
Bill Evans, Open Gates Group