The squeaky cheese curds we make are famous!
Working with the Kalona Creamery production team is a lot of fun. They stay really busy and get the job done. The team is always laughing and having a great time when working.
Lucy Castro, Production Manager
Production Positions Available
Join our fast-growing, entrepreneurial family of companies! Kalona Creamery has a long legacy of producing fresh, squeaky cheese curds and customers come from miles away just to watch their production from our large viewing windows. We are looking for a Production Team Member to join our team!
Production Job Summary
The Kalona Creamery Production Team Member is responsible for the manufacturing of high quality food products, while meeting safety, quality, and production standards. This position oversees the set up, operation, packaging and cleaning of production equipment related to cheese, hummus, and yogurt manufacturing. Typical shift hours begin at 6am, Monday-Friday, and run until production is complete for the day.
● Produce high quality, consistent food products according to GMP standards.
● Operate, package, and clean production equipment.
● Meet established processing rates.
● Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment.
● Rotate through different job tasks.
● Perform various sanitation and clean up duties.
● Maintain quality standards per specifications defined by State and/or Federal regulatory agencies
● Stay current with required production technology.
● Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
● Perform additional duties necessary to make the business successful.
● High School diploma or GED equivalent.
● Cheese or dairy-related production experience preferred; food manufacturing experience is helpful.
● Versatile and able to be cross-trained in various production roles.
● Able to read recipes and follow instructions.
● Able to read and record instrument data in English with attention to detail.
● Verbal and written communication skills, specifically legible handwriting.
● Able to lift, move, push, pull 55 lbs on a regular basis.
● Able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces.
● Willing and able to work the scheduled shift, including daily overtime or overtime outside of your regular scheduled hours as required (more than 40 hours per week).
● Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, hair/beard net and gloves when required.
● Able to work with allergens that might be present in a food manufacturing environment.
● Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment.
● Team oriented with a focus of working in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
● Good attitude with a high level of integrity and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.